LAW ON THE FUND FOR AMATEUR CULTURAL ACTIVITIES OF THE REPUBLIC OF SLOVENIA
27 December 1995
The national cultural programme in the field of amateur cultural activities shall be implemented by: - the Fund for amateur cultural activities of the Republic of Slovenia;
- self-governing communities of autochthonous Italian and Hungarian ethnic communities in Slovenia;
- amateur cultural societies and their associations respectively which fulfil conditions of annual invitations of the Fund for financing or co-financing cultural programmes from public funds;
- other groups, individuals and organisations, active in the field of amateur cultural activities and fulfilling the conditions of the annual call for tenders of the Fund for financing and co-financing of the cultural programmes from public means,
- cultural organisations and societies of Slovenes living in neighbouring and other countries.
The principal tasks of the Fund shall be as follows: - to implement the national cultural programme covering amateur cultural activities and to monitor and analyse the conditions in its sphere of activity;
- to finance and co-finance amateur cultural programmes from means of the Fund;
- to supervise the work and the expenditure of public means by performers of the national cultural programme in the field of amateur cultural activities;
- to gather proposals for financing or co-financing of programme and projects in the field of amateur cultural activities by means of public invitations;
- to conclude agreements on financing or co-financing the aforementioned programmes and projects with selected performers of the same;
- to provide a professional and organisational support for amateur cultural societies and their associations, groups and individuals in performing their amateur cultural activities, and to provide support for local communities in their efforts to create conditions for the realisation of cultural events in the area of regional branches;
- to provide an administrative and expert support for associations of cultural societies which perform common tasks for their member societies;
- to plan and implements co-operation with corresponding foreign organisations;
- to attend to educational programmes in the field of culture;
- to promote achievements in the field of amateur cultural activities and to present the cultural production;
- to publish publications from its sphere of activity.
Based on an agreement with a local community or a self-governing community of autochthonous Italian and Hungarian national community in Slovenia, the Fund may perform tasks under the foregoing Paragraph also for the aforesaid communities.